Other things I have learned while trekking the South Island:
1. Greymouth is pronounced "Grey-moo-th"
2. Dunedin is pronounced "Doo-nay-din"
3. Glacier is somehow pronounced "Glassy-air"
4. The hostelling card you buy in the US has no purpose or value anywhere in New Zealand.
5. Sandflies do exist and they make for unhappy backpackers.
In other news, I've finally arrived to Queenstown. Bumble backpackers (my hostel) is on this picturesque lake and I have ditched my fleece for some shorts and a huge smile. The town is jumping with backpackers, as I am clearly not the only one who wanted to be here for NYE. I will be meeting up with the Stray crew (see below) for some more good times.
See you in 2008.
Stay bitten...but not by sandflies!