I joke that @Stayathomebugbites is my recent alter ego, a less exciting younger sister to @Travelbugbites. Everyone is always asking where my next BIG trip is and where I'm headed this week but until recently, it's been a domestic few months for me. Pair it with shifting from full-time work to a freelance lifestyle, I've been trying to be financially responsible while tuning into what lies in my own backyard. No, I'm not a New Yorker with outdoor space. I'm just a calculated yet spontaneous girl taking advantage of her surroundings.
The beauty of staying put is finding that you can have a vacation right here. Yes, people pay good money to summer on the East Coast. And autumn in New York? There is plenty to fall for.
Here's a few highlights from my day to day.
1. The new Whitney. If not for the rooftop views of the Hudson River and lower Manhattan, then for the art. Ideal to visit on a rainy day... with one of your girlfriends and her adorable son.
2. The Oculus. An instagrammer or architect's dream.
3. MNDFL. A chic way to meditate and find peace in the busy city.
4. Chelsea Market. For the best tacos in NYC. Followed by Philly's best hummus at Dizengoff. (Yes, it's a bit touristy but always great to have a variety of food options for lunch).
5. FDR Four Freedoms Park (as seen below in the bottom right part of the photo), located on my childhood stomping grounds of Roosevelt Island. A site for a designer's eye.